"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Philippians 2: 1-2
New Life Purposes to:
- Reach Four Communities: Residential, Academic, Arts, Business - which merge distinctly in the City of Ithaca and Tompkins County.
- Utilize: the uniquely strategic contacts in the City of Ithaca and Tompkins County to realize a local, national, and international Gospel witness.
- Pursue: cultural transformation by leading individuals into a saving and healing relationship with Jesus Christ.
As a Congregation:
We are committed to Christ-centered worship that honor's God's Word, the heritage of God's people, and the special gifts God's Spirit has entrusted to the people of our fellowship. Through this worship we determine to express a clear sense of corporate identity and what it means to belong to God and be His people. Specifically, we are committed to:
- Extending fellowship to the larger evangelical community in the Finger lakes region.
- Teaching and practicing that system of doctrine summarized by the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechism.
- Reflecting the glory of God through creativity, beauty, and excellence in our public celebration of His eternal attributes and mighty acts.
As a Family:
We are committed to learning more and more about who God is, how we can honor and server Him, how we can love one another as Christ loves us, and how we can grow to become more and more like Jesus. Through relationships of marriage, family, and community we endeavor to express a clear understanding of what it means to be made in the image of God and what it means to be made complete in Christ. Specifically, we are committed to:
- Learning the skills for effective and biblical family and social relationships.
- Praying for God's blessing upon our worship, work, and growth in grace.
- Encouraging one another to be godly men and women who find their ultimate happiness and fulfillment in Christ.
We are committed to using the gifts and resources entrusted to each believer for the proclamation of the Gospel to our neighbors and around the world, for the help and support of fellow Christians, and for the care of people in need. Through our work we strive to express a clear appreciation for calling and vocation as well as spiritual and personal compassion. Specifically we are committed to:
- Multiplying believers through personal evangelism and the strategic planting of reformed Presbyterian churches.
- Acting upon our concern for the physical and spiritual needs of others, both in our fellowship and in our community.
- Giving unselfishly, generously, and gladly to the work of Christ's church.